3.11.13

I definitely need a hand

Part two of my brief but intense hands session.


Some improvement here, I think.



  • Anatomical accuracy and technique improved since the last batch 
  • Midtones look better 
  • The inking style is a little on the decorative side - I'd like to keep like those "patches" of parallel lines

  • Those hands would look overdetailed on a full illustration in this style - the illustration itself would look stupidly overdetailed in this style
  • I'm still far from a decent decorative solution 


Experience gained: 2 points!
- I'm going to try with some better thought-out hatching. I'd like the strokes' direction to be actually based on the surface of the object and how its "facets" tilt
- I realized I need some background color to make the "lineless-with-shadows" idea work - or, as "background", what should be part of a full illustration besides hands :v

    2 comments:

    1. Its very dificult.
      Great Job.

      Greetings
      JK

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you very much!
        I wasn't expecting comments here :)

        Delete