14.11.13

Hello watercolors

Why hello - here's a watercolor sketch I made roughly two years ago. Finally introducing some colored traditional stuff! Now for the sad part: I haven't touched watercolors since this flamingo.


Let's see here:


  • My beloved fineliner seems to cooperate with watercolors too. I'd like to try different media and/or ink colors for the line drawing part
  • It doesn't look too dull for a watercolor sketch

  • The face part looks confusing - too many details when a few wide blothes of color would have worked fine
  • Colors need to look more lively. I want to see more contrast (duh) and clash 
  • I probably worked with dirty water and slightly murky colors


Experience gained: 4 points!
- I want to practice more with mixing various media and watercolor. I like the outcome! I'll experiment with different ink colors, too
- I need to work with wide areas of base color before jumping into details (its face D: )
- Some consistent speedpainting from reference should help me manage tones and values better
- Be clean, Dev. No murky water! You want your watercolor paintings to be bright

    No comments:

    Post a Comment