31.10.13

Pearboobs

Meet pearboobs.
This lady was my first practice digital speedpainting from reference.
Limitations:
- no color picking
- only use one hard brush
- no lineart, sketching and such; apply color directly

So...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  • I finally found a comfortable solid brush for speedpainting - hard, flat, sliiigthly texturized. Check out the next post, "Brush test" 
  • The limitations are helping a lot in learning how to get colors right and honing proportions
  • I started noticing I don't like the framing and those edges being so randomly chopped off
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  •  The framing is bad - I stuck to the reference picture, but I need to find a better solution
  • Low contrast, again
  • Many traits and proportions aren't as accurate as hey should be
  • I did use the picker a couple times, but I swear I've dropped it completely since this speedpainting D:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Experience gained: 3 points!
- Still need to work on smiles and expression lines 
- No more color picker. Never again! 
- Framing and composition need some planning - I could try to cut off some parts of the background and only paint patches of it in a relatively small spot behind the character, so as to contextualize it without extending the background completely

No comments:

Post a Comment