24.11.13

Wintertime sketching

From last October. Some of these were made at Piazza Santa Croce (Florence), some while sitting on grass at the nearest park.


I tried to combine the fat tip of a Tombo marker and my usual Staedler fineliner, hunting for a different result. So:



  • It's a super fast combo - I can get shadows down quickly without actually drawing the outer lines, and the fineliner's thin tip fixes the general look. Very helpful if I need to practice on solid shading and strong contrast

  • Well, I suck at sketching buildings! :D 
  • So much sketching... and I can't seem to reduce the amount of linework yet


Experience gained: 3 points!
- I need to be more effective with less detail. I guess I'll pick up my notes from Louis Gonzales' workshop on gesture drawing - it was a gold mine
- I should train my eye with buildings and perspective - it's so intimidating to me, but this must be the right way to break the ice
- Blocking in shadows with a fat marker is a process I enjoy and will probably help me improve on many levels. It's fast, rough and unforgiving

    No comments:

    Post a Comment