18.9.14

This is still a QUEST blog, after all

I have a new purpose for this blog, since the original "draw and analyze daily" is now achieved.
There's something very powerful I discovered, and I'm teaching myself to control it: habit.

:


You'd think this is related to the post. It's not. It's actually a bad, quick custom brush test.
You're welcome.

GOAL 1:
Rediscover what I'm actually passionate about. Which subjects I'm actually interested in. Draw them because my personal art should be personal and free.
Status: I'm horribly influenced in my choice of subjects by what is mainstream (avoid at all costs!) and what is unpopular to the masses (I'll be ignored!). For so much time I failed to realize it's impossibile to feel the drive to draw for myself, if I'm incapable of focusing on what I like to draw.
I'm so wrapped up in this "but all I produce must be appetible because I have to make a name for myself!!" state of mind, that I literally can't understand what I love and what is induced by external pressure anymore.

GOAL 2:
Pick up some healthy habits and report results here:
- Make some physical exercise everyday. I live on the edge of a huge park, I have an exercise bike in my bedroom and my mom is a physiotherapist. I defintely have what I need
- Go to sleep at 12:00 am and set alarm clock at 9:00
- Stretch and make posture exercises everyday for my back and muscles
Status: I've been travelling every week this summer, but during a 10 days stay at home I've already started an experiment. It went great: I could manage all of this, although starting gradually, and be productive with art and meet with friends too. Now I just need to regain my routine.
I'm a very dynamic person and I love sports, so this isn't a huge sacrifice; I'm actually only worried about time management. I'll make adjustments if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment